When you arrive for your first counseling appointment…
• Park anywhere you would like.
• At our Springfield office, come into building 2131 and have a seat in the waiting area. Bathrooms are available through the waiting area door, down the hall and to your left.
• Your counselor will come out and greet you at the time of your appointment.
• You will be given a copy of our First Appointment Information to read through and initial at the bottom. While you read the first appointment information your counselor will review your forms. If any forms are missing they will be provided for you at this time.
At the beginning of your first counseling session…
• Your counselor will ask if you have questions regarding any of the paperwork / informed consent documents you were asked to read or fill out.
• At this point your counselor will inquire as to the details of what brings you to counseling. The first couple of sessions usually consist primarily of information gathering. It’s important that your counselor thoroughly understand your circumstances and history so he or she can provide you with the best services possible.
At the end of your therapy session….
• Your counselor will make a recommendation as to the frequency and duration (length of appointments) he or she believes will be most helpful. Weekly, one session (45 minutes) appointments are typical.
• Your counselor will ask if you would like to setup your next appointment. Having an idea of your schedule ahead of time is helpful at this point.
• Payment is due at the end of each appointment. If you are paying with check or cash you will tender payment to your counselor. Checks are payable to TRC. If paying with cash, note that your counselor is unable to make change, thus exact change is necessary. You may also make payment with Visa, Master Card, and American Express credit or debit cards by indicating such on the financial responsibility form.
• Your counselor will provide you with a receipt suitable for submission to your insurance company for reimbursement if you so desire. To simplify the claim submission process, TRC has contracted with independent medical biller to process claims on behalf of our clients. If you wish to take advantage of this service there is a $5 fee per submission. TRC has no control over the amount of reimbursement you may or may not receive.
• It is important that counseling sessions end on time and that you exit promptly from the counseling office to the waiting area. This is necessary for your counselor to prepare for the next clients with the same care he or she prepared for your appointment.
Thank you for your courtesy in this matter.
Looking for help? Join the 1,200+ families in southwest Missouri who have found the help they need by trusting the counselors of The Relationship Center at our Springfield and Branson offices. We specialize in Biblically Christian and Clinically Proven Counseling provided by Licensed Professionals. Session fees range from $75-$125 and we have payment plans & scholarships to meet every budget. Have more questions? Click Here to Learn More About Counseling Appointments